Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Home

Every week I communte to Potomac Maryland for work. An hour plane ride and on a good day it is only 45 minutes from the Baltimore airport to work. The traffic in the greater DC area is unbelievably conjested and the slightest drizzle can turn an hour commute into 2+ hours. You can imagine what it must be like when it snows. Last winter some of my collegues had an 8 hour commute home. I, on the otherhand, was stranded and not getting home at all.

It is always wonderful when I look out the window and see this view. The islands dotting the Casco Bay and Portland harbor. A beautiful sight and a sigh of relief, knowing I will soon be home.

2 comments:

Valley Art Project said...

I just love your drawings! I do have to ask, what do you do in Potomac, Maryland? I lived in the Annapolis- Baltimore area for many years before moving to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Sometimes I go back to visit and it is so crazy there, I can't wait to leave.

Anonymous said...

I came across your work through the book Artist's Journal Workshop. I enjoy your drawings very much. I've lived in the Portland area many years & came to Maine long ago from suburbs of DC. I too am curious what type of work takes you to Potomac, which I remember as being a purely residential & horse farm area.