Monday, May 11, 2009

An afternoon at Rudy's Salon

It was time for a cut and color. So off I went, on my bike, carefully merging onto the busy "Bypass". It costs me about $25, which is a far cry from what I pay in the USA. They speak enough English and I speak enough Indonesian to get the job done. I leave with my usual "bob" cut quite well, but my hair tends to come out a bit dark. I call it "Balinese black". They are so nice and I can always have my usual color and  highlights when I get back home in June. Better start saving up for that!

Not so good for the unhappy tourist below having a very bad hair day...

Sitting in the chair next to me, she was scowling at the mirror, smoking, having a pedicure and throwing a bit of a tantrum about her hair. She was so busy being angry that she didn't even notice me sketching her out of the corner of my eye. 

4 comments:

Maree said...

May I ask a question? I'm new to following your blog, but would like to know why you are in Bali for so long, or at all, for that matter. Please excuse my nosiness, but I really am mesmerized by your seemingly exquisite lifestyle...

Regards

Margaret Ann said...

Another whimsical post....love the smoke from the cigarette...your commentary as always witty! :)

I cannot believe the June is right around the corner! Whew!:)

A Brush with Color said...

This is classic--great fun, Jennifer! I love it.

uno said...

Your posts are very inspiring for me, by reading your posts, I get lots of ideas to write new posts on the blog that I have. I hope your post worthwhile for others as well