Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jakarta, Indonesia

We spent a day and a half in Jakarta. It was hot, humid, smoggy and crowded. I could hardly wait to get back home to Bali. I was not at all inspired to sketch, but did manage a few quick sketches during my day.
Rush hour from the window of our hotel room on the 38th floor.


This was a very quick sketch as I was taking a cab back to the hotel. This guy was selling goldfish in plastic bags hanging on this apparatus on the back of his bike. I thought I had seem it all... 

Gray rainy morning view from our hotel room.

3 comments:

winna said...

I do like everything you do--but the guy with the goldfish is extra spectacular!

Linda T said...

Great sketches, as always. The one of the goldfish salesman is great--I was wondering what those things were.

Judybec said...

These sketches are so delightful!!!! I'm enjoying reading your whole blog. I'm glad I discovered you!