Friday, November 7, 2008

Sketches from my tiny handbag sketch book

I spend much of my time with a small sketch book and a pen when I am not commited to watercolor sketches. Sometimes it is just easier and more relaxing! I draw while traveling with Jerry, eating out or just during our everyday running around.

A contour drawing of a truck during a trip to the fish plant in Benoa Harbor and I miss my dog.
I got my hair colored and trimmed the other day here in Sanur. While waiting for the color to process, I sketched this self portrait during which I had several Balinese hairdressers watching. My cut and color cost 150,000 rupiah. That is about $15.00 in US dollars. In Maine, that same cut and color can cost me anywhere from $75-$150. I don't think I can tell the difference...

7 comments:

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Such a great post! How is your dog doing? Is there any way to have him with you?

Margaret Ann said...

Nice pen work! :)

Rosie the Cat said...

I really like the dog!

Timaree said...

Looking at that picture of your dog, I'd miss him a lot too.

Sandy said...

All of your sketches are so interesting, I am so glad you can post them regularly - and I would think you very brave to get a color done - congrats on success all around!

Wren said...

I love your line contour drawings! Very, very lovely! Glad to hear your hair turned out so well!!

fabric handbags said...

The dog looks really cute. I'm really into dogs. I love it!